Friday, January 15, 2010

For all the future skiing graduate students

I do not recommend trying to read a journal article with Papers (or writing a thesis proposal) after a day of skiing, sitting in a hot tub drinking >1 beer and / or drinking 3+ beer while trying to read said paper.

Just saying, it might be best to leave the doing science while drinking to either to the PI's or limited to just drinking and science. Not skiing, hot tub, alcohol + science.

It might be too much for you newbies.

For me? Not so much. I've survived a car wreck on the way up to our ski vacation (we're all OK), child birth and watching my 3 year old become fearless in the snow. Booze and science don't scare me.


**** this may be poorly written due to consumption of >1 beer

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

maybe poorly written but definitely entertaining!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Glad you're all OK after the accident. Scary stuff.

I can't do anything at all after a day of skiing and then sitting in a hot tub with a beer. It makes me all floppy and useless.

ScientistMother said...

Maggie May - glad you find my drunk writing entertaining

Cath - yes it was scary, still trying to figure out how to post about it.

As you can see from my post, I was pretty close to floppy and useless :)

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

Glad everyone is ok!

And the last thing I want to do after a day of skiing, hot tubbing, and drinking is Science. ;)