Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh why hello officer! How are you today?

Actually that is not how I greeted them. Yes, two RCMP officers showed up at my doorstep this evening. I saw them approaching as I was sitting at my kitchen table. They appeared to be doing a walk around my house, which of course freaked me right out so I jumped up and ran to the door swinging it open, asking OMG why are you here? What is going on???

Which in hindsight probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I mean seriously folk, if the cops are poking around the outside of your house and you didn't call them, perhaps you may want to stay inside.

Luckily they were just checking to make sure everything was OK, cuz you know the 911 call followed by a hang up and no answer when they called back. Kinda makes the police nervous.

Yep, I'm one of those parents. Yes I begged forgiveness. Yes please come in my house, look all over. Yes its a mess. Yes I have a screaming, damn it I will be independent 2.5 year old. Gosh no, I'm not sending him outside in the rain barefoot and pantless, that would be bad parenting.***

To be honest I am a bit confused because I swear I did not hear a phone ring, nor was the phone actually on when I found the boy with it. But sure enough, there were THREE missed calls. Guess the monkeys screaming was louder than the phone. Or perhaps I was distracted by overflowing kitchen sink? How does a sink fill that quickly? and how does a barely 2.5 year old figure out how to plug the sink, in less than 5 minutes? Or maybe it was the the pee all over the kitchen floor that made me miss the call? or the fact that I was cleaning poopy underwear and pants? How did the poo get all over the inside of the pants if he was wearing underwear???? Did I mention I was trying to make dinner at the same time?

I am sorry RCMP. I know better. You have way more important things to be doing then having to come make sure I am safe. Plus it took you away from people who actually need your help...my bad.

***Well yes I was sending him outside in the rain in nothing but a shirt and diapers. However his dad had just come home, seen the two officers and ran into the yard to find out what was happening. Guess he's not too smart either. Anyhoo, once Mr.SM saw that I and the monkey were OK, he went back to his vehicle to get his things. Which is just when the monkey came to the front door. Well seeing his dad walking away initiated a cry for daddy and I really just wanted to deal with the cops so I said "go follow daddy, it OK". After which the RCMP Officer looked at me and said "its kinda of wet out here". Oops...

because a little rain really hurts...

11 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Clearly that's an RCMP member with no kids. . . .

ScienceMama said...

This is SO my house. (Except for the police)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

LOL! I hope the cops were good guys! And that things calmed down after they left. And that Monkey learned his lesson.

I know, who am I kidding?!

I will send my new parent friends to you for advice in a couple of years!

ScientistMother said...

Mrs.Spit - clearly! One had a kid and was much nicer than the other. Though, considering what a colossal waste of resources it is to have them come check up on calls like this, I don't blame either for being stern.

ScienceMama - couldn't you lie and make a gal feel better? Tell me the police have been there and its worse because you have a beagle messing around. Oh and did I mention the puddle of pee I stepped into as I walked into the kitchen to see the sink overflowing?

Cath - Hahahaa! Actually they did calm down, as the Mr was home and two sets of eyes and hands makes for a much calmer SM household

ScientistMother said...

Cath - uhm, my advice is usually don't have kids!!! I guess its too late for that, how about have lots and lots of beer on hand?

The bean-mom said...

wow, what a day! Sounds like you needed beers after that one... And sorry, but I must thank you for the laugh (it does sound somewhat like my house, too, minus the cops!)

ScientistMother said...

Bean-mom - just lie damn it!!! Let me believe that yes their really are other children who do these things. Because I hear these mythical statements of "oh it happens all the time", yet none of the other kids I know do this! Yes I did need a beer after that one, why I did not I have no idea, perhaps I will have one now..

ScienceMama said...

SM, the fact that the police haven't been called to my house YET is only luck. And luck like that never holds. Don't worry dear, I'll have my turn. And when I do, you'll read all about it.

microbiologist xx said...

Sounds like things were pretty crazy at the SM house. That's a great story. thanks for sharing. :)

ScienceGirl said...

Phew... I think I need a beer after just reading that!

Unknown said...

Interesting one.....

Every one should read this ....
thanks for sharin with us......

________________
DyanaDevis

Online Marketing of your brand