Monday, November 24, 2008

He does not speak


But he will figure out within hours how to overcome the gate that is preventing him for reaching my desk and therefore my computer.(sorry I don't know how to rotate pics in blogger and i'm too lazy to fix it in ilibrary).

He has also fully transitioned into Big Boy bedtime routine. I am not allowed to hold him and neither his dad nor can I lie down with him. We are distinctly told "no AAway".

Oh and he's figured out how to open doors, which means we have to get those stupid doorknob covers otherwise we will have more of this:
It also means we have to put a chain on the front door b/c he knows how to unlock the door.
But he doesn't speak more than a few words.....

5 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

aww. I'm sorry. . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too, but I wish my 4.5 year old would transition to a big boy bed routine :-).

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Clever kid! It must keep you on your toes...

ScientistMother said...

Mrs.Spit - its a mixed emotion. I enjoy the freedom of not needing to hold him, but I miss the cuddling desperately.

Anon - At 4.5 I think I would want that too, though at not even 2 I think its a bit much.

Cath - He does keep me on my toes, and exhausted, frustrated, exasperated and a whole bunch of other emotions. Strangely I am also proud at how ingenious he is.

Anonymous said...

ScientistMother-

The real fun (and the weight loss that comes with chasing a moving target for like 15 hours a day) starts now.

There are going to be lots of transitions to mourn- wait until he is a teenager and doesn't want to be seen with you! And FYI- you won't have to wait until official teenagerdom for that- my 10 year old's got that already... sniff... sob...