Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Off to buy makeup

I need some sort of pick me up after today. The boy slept in until after 9am so I figured he was still feeling under the weather as he is normally up at 6:30am if he goes down at 8pm the night before. Using that logic that he was under the weather, I figured he'd have an easy morning and then go down for a nap and which point I wound continue reading Fly Pushing. Hahahahahahaha!!!
....
....
.....

Now that all the parents have stopped laughing at my stupidity, err craziness. Let me enlighten you to what transpired. The boy woke up, he brushed his teeth, changed his clothes and ate breakfast. Then he went stir crazy. He brought me his socks AND his shoes to demand we go out. Its beautiful warm fall day so I took him to kick the ball around, went to the mall to buy him some long-sleeved shirts and then we went for lunch with Aunty JV. He's under the weather, had some fresh air and stimulating morning so he'll sleep when we get home.
1.5 hours later he was finally down for a nap that lasted long enough for me to read the email from my mom with the subject "if we die". Yep my mom gave me her death instructions by email. The monkey is now in the process of calling long distance and destroying my bedroom, but I just need to hide. Funny because if I was any where else I would be missing him. Anyways I'm taking a lesson from Mel and going to starbucks and buying some make up from MAC

******

On another note, I need to update my blog roll desperately. I have way more blogs in my reader than I do posted. If you should / want to be linked leave me a note / send me an email. I'm hoping to update at some point this week

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Would love to be linked - you know where to find me.

Your little guy sounds like a riot...way more fun than Fly Pushing.

microbiologist xx said...

It sounds like you deserve coffee and make-up to me. :)
I am pretty bad about keeping up with the blogroll as well. I would love an add, and will be adding you as well.

Marimoy said...

Awe... splurge on yourself! You totally deserve to do just that. My blogroll is out of date as well so I think it's ok if you don't... I know which ones I read, I will get to it eventually! :D

Anonymous said...

Starbucks is such a lifesaver!

About your mom, was this random timing? Or is she heading somewhere where this would be a real possibility? I mean, Mom and Bill sent me their instructions before they went hiking the Inca Trail in Peru and scuba diving off the Galapagos... :) I figure it was a reasonable thing for them to do.

I like Mac well enough, but have you TRIED Bare Escentuals? Love, love, love it.

Sorry about the fly pushing. Blech. The things make me itch.

PhizzleDizzle said...

I would love to roll with you baby :).

So, I also love Bare Escentuals. Though I like MAC eyeshadow. It rox.

Sometimes, a gal just needs to go and buy some makeup. That used to be one of my favorite ways to relax until I got married and let myself go ;).

ScientistMother said...

AA - yes sometimes he is way more fun than Fly Pushing, most days he's a riot and not the good kind :)

MicroXX - thanks for link!

Mel / Phizzle - I have heard of bare essentials but have never tried it. I don't usually buy make-up as the stuff I get in the "gift with purchase" from my moisturizes usually is enough for me. Unfortunately stupid Lancome has not put a blush in the free gift..

Mel, you're the only one who commented on my moms email. My parents left for Hawaii today, which is not that far off and dangerous. Plus I sorta think that wills etc should be discussed on the phone or in person, not by a random email.

Mimi - you have to update your blog roll. It how new blogger feels welcome.

Anonymous said...

Well if you're ever in need of a reaaaallly good makeup, give BE a try.

I agree, wills etc shouldn't be random emails. If I recall, my mom emailed the details then called to tell me she'd done it, but because of certain family issues (crazy sister) I've been in on will discussions with her and my Nana for some time. Must've been an awkward and upsetting and very strange email!

Isis the Scientist said...

Oh, MAC is truly lovely stuff! One of my favorite lipsticks ever is MAC.

Samia said...

Love MAC. Sis tried BE and complained of too-sparkly cakiness. Hmm.

A trip to Hawaii prompted your mother to send that e-mail, SM? What a disconcerting way to broach that subject...