Friday, November 14, 2008

I found a solution

Thanks to some very amazing gals for some great suggestions. Oh and welcome AA! Last night I wrote down a bunch of proteins that I thought would work: coracle, scribble, yurt, ankryin. This morning was going to go through are HUGE antibody binder to see if (a) we had non rabbit antibodies for any of the listed proteins and if not, then to find out which proteins did we have non-rabbit antibodies against. I would then at those proteins and see if they would work. Does that make sense? As I was stumbling into work, carrying my freshly brewed cup of coffee I was bitching to myself that it sucks that I couldn't just visualize freaking GFP on a western since we have a like a million different stock of flies whose proteins are fused to GFP. I took a sip of coffee and then the light bulb went off, why can't I use flies from Neurexin-GFP stock (the neurexin protien is tagged with GFP) and then just use a anti-GFP antibody? Neurexin runs above 100 so problem solved! yippee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent solution! Glad you got it figured out.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

Excellent solution! I'm glad that it all worked out.

Mrs. Spit said...

It scares me, just a tiny bit that the only bit in that blog I got was the coffee.

you are a smart cookie!