Monday, December 29, 2008

I get the need to have mommy near

Monkey is ill. A very bad ill. Fever, diarrhea and vomiting bad. He's not a happy little boy. He keeps crying "mommy ow, mommy mommy", which totally breaks my heart because I can't take away the ow. I do the next best thing, I cuddle him, rub his head and generally try to ease his discomfort as best as I can. It also means that he's even more miserable if he's not lying right on top me. Not beside. Not on my lap. Nope he is sprawled on top of me. Head nuzzled in my neck, arms engulfing me, ensuring that I can not move. Its been like this since yesterday. Mr.SM tried to take over. You know, so I could go pee and eat some sustenance. Yep that was enjoyable, listening to my dear husband try to comfort my child as he whimpered "mommy, mommy, mommy", totally not comprehending where mommy left. Like I said, I get the need to have me right next to him. I don't get the need to be completely attached so that I am blogging this with one hand. Especially since getting him to cuddle is near impossible when he's healthy.
The bonus is that I've watched Serenity (such potential) and The lonely guy, plus tons of crap tv...oh yeah and I'm doing some science reading

5 comments:

Isis the Scientist said...

I'm so sorry, SM! I hate when they're sick!! I always feel so bad for Little Isis and I completely lose the ability to tell him "no" to just about any request. I hope that Monkey gets to feeling better soon....

Brigindo said...

Hope he feels better soon. It is sad when they are so sick but kind of sweet too.

Mrs. Spit said...

Aww. Poor little guy. Hoping he is back up to speed about the same time you get your cuddling quota in.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Monkey! Hang in there, and try to enjoy the snuggling.
PostDoc

Anonymous said...

I bet he loses the ability to self-modulate his physiology when he's sick, and regresses to relying on your body for modulation. That's my two cents. ;)