Monday, January 5, 2009

The boy is back and there's going to be troubl

Hey Yah, Hey Yah.

Am I totally dating myself with that musical reference? Oh well. I *think* that we are back in monkey business. I never thought I would be happy to find my little boy opening cabinets he's not supposed or jumping up and down singing nigh nigh moon instead of sleeping. But I am. We've had normal bowel movements, playfulness and an increased appetite. Can we hear a hallelujah?
Thank you to everyone for your support, kind thoughts and good wishes. I'd link you all up but there are darn many of you now!

Now that we're done with the sickness, we get to join our new daycare. Yep everyone get up and do a little dance because monkey is now coming to my campus daycare. I am no longer driving up to one university to drop him off at daycare before commuting to my campus. It took 2 year and 9 months but he's in. We went in today for his first visit, which was a bit of organized chaos. His program is brand spanking new so stuff is still getting set up and all the kids need to get oriented at the same time. I'm happy that he'll be school with me, as it will give me some flexibility but I sorta wish is start date was next month as I think just getting over being sick is going to make the transition harder. Though I also think that having him go to the new place after a 2 week break from the old place does make it easier.

Oh and Canada Kicked some Swedish Ass tonight. You guys rock!

8 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

I'm so glad. I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, but I think you are a pretty darn good mum!

Isis the Scientist said...

Campus daycare? You must be soome sort of royalty around there.

And I should have known the ringleader was over his illness and back in action. This totally explains Little Isis's KY filled ear.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

Yay! I'm glad that the monkey is feeling better. I hope that his daycare transition goes smoothly.

chall said...

*munbling*
.... I agree that Canada was the better team but really, it was a bit too ugly at times.... the young guys were a bit arrogant.

ah well, it is hockey. Congrats.

And good luck with getting the monkey to them same place as you are! Nice with better commute! And I am happy he is well!! Soon I am sure we will be able to read about new examples on "what one can do but should not" ;)

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

Yay Monkey!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm so glad he's back to his old tricks!

Marimoy said...

I'm happy monkey is back and better!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's feeling better!

And I'm SOOOOOO FRICKING JEALOUS that you've got him in campus daycare. Cameron's on the list. I'm pretty close to desperate.