Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dropping like flies

The alternate title, when it rains it pours

Another Grandfather has passed.
WTF?!!!
I didn't even belief it when we got the call. I just put my head down and thought this must be some kind of sick joke. I've gone to the inlaws, are going through pics again, writing obituaries again. I look at my young cousins and think, you shouldn't have to deal with this. Two times in two fucking weeks.

To say I am numb is and understatement. Mr. SM and monkey have left for the day and may stay overnight with my brother. I am going to eat lunch, study, make some food to take over and then come home to a glass of 2007 shiraz.

The only silver lining is that I am no longer stressed about the comp exam. I will be burying another grandfather the week before my comps. It kinda puts things into perspective.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

God Lord - I am so sorry. What an awful time for you and your family :(

EcoGeoFemme said...

Oh no. My condolences to you and your family. How awful.

chall said...

oh my, I am so sorry SM! My condolences to you and the family.

and yes, the comps are not priority - family and you are. hope it helps a bit to hug monkey and feel love from the family.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I am so, so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Arlenna said...

I'm so sorry SM, that is so hard. I hope your time with the boys away helps give you a little chance for peace.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I'm so sorry. What a sucky time for you all.